Wednesday, November 30, 2011

S'mores... Who wants s'more S'mores?


Oh S'mores.... I remember my first experience eating them.. We were in Yosemite, California for a short holiday. We rented a bungalow with a few of our friends. It was cold outside, and chilly inside the house. The fireplace was burning good, so we sat near to it to keep warm and the guys started to take out Hersheys chocolate bars, Graham crackers and marshmallows.  Coming from an asian country - Malaysia- I didn't know what they were planning to do with these 3 ingredients.  

And so my husband told me they were going to make S'mores and showed me how to make them..how to toast the marshmallow - just enough that it's not too burnt but hot enough to melt. Sandwich 1 small bar of Hershey's chocolate and the just-toasted-1 second-ago marshmallow with 2 pieces of Graham crackers. Boy, I weren't sure if I was in hell or in heaven when I ate it. It was sinfully sinfully soooo good! And I wanted more.. i couldn't stop eating them (and that is how they got the name, S'mores. 'Cause you always want more after eating 1) With the first bite, the marshmallow oozes out from the burning crusts and it melts the chocolate -in your mouth! And the crackers gave it a good crunch and texture to the whole sinfully omgoodness delicious gooey mess - in your mouth! 

This is what it S'mores look like:


And so... here I present to you S'mores Cupcakes with Marshmallow Frosting. ;) This is also an omgoodness delicious gooey mess - in your mouth! Truly. 

PS: I wanted to bury my face in the frosting when I was making them. It was that sinful. ;)




xoxo,
Mandy


No comments:

Post a Comment